Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Big Adios

Ron Earl Phillips, one of the creative minds behind Shotgun Honey, had approached me about a new Western site he was putting together and asked if I was interested in contributing a story. Hell, yeah I was. And so I sent him a piece called "Missing" that I had just finished at the time with gracious input from Chuck Tyrell. Mr. Phillips accepted my story and I'm pleased to say it kicks off the debut of The Big Adios.

In “Reflections in a Glass of Maryland Rye,” which concludes Adventures II, Cash has killed a man and wife who turn out to be innocent. I figured that story would end the Adventures series on what I considered a perfect note, but watching the success of Wayne D. Dundee's MANHUNTER’S MOUNTAIN fanned the writing fires, making me want to sit my butt back in the chair to hammer out a few more. My thoughts returned to ‘Reflections,’ and I knew I wanted to answer how Cash Laramie handled having innocent blood on his hands. “Missing” picks up the story with Gideon Miles tracking his friend to a remote Wyoming location where we find a Cash Laramie living on the edge of what separates the rational with the mad. It's a first in the first: Gideon Miles tells the tale from his point of view. And I hope it's not the last ... the Memoirs of Gideon Miles is something I've been floating around my mind.

Until then, I'm very pleased to say Cash and Miles are at The Big Adios. Take a look and support what I know will be another avenue for top Western fiction on the web.

6 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Congrats, David. What a great honor.

Dave King said...

Congratulations. Most deserved. I'v e been over and had a bit of a read. Will be going back anon. Impressive!

Charles Gramlich said...

Excellent! Will check it out.

Sarah Laurence said...

Congratulations on your story! I'm relieved to read this good new as I feared that the big adios would be you saying goodbye to blogging.

David Cranmer said...

Thanks, Patti. Hopefully I can do for them what you did for BTAP.

Dave/Charles, Thank you, both.

Not for another few decades, Sarah.

Barbara Martin said...

Nicely done, David, and congratulations.