Saturday, December 27, 2008

BTAP #3: Disimpaction by Glenn Gray

I read this stopped-up little story one morning just before breakfast. What a mistake! I’ve always given Glenn Gray high marks for his dialogue, which is first-rate here as well, but it’s his descriptive content that wins out with this contribution to BEAT to a PULP. Dr. Gray proves the "write what you know" school of thought is the best procedure as his day job provides us with this thoroughly vivid tale.

Next week: "A Man Called Masters" by Jack Martin

8 comments:

Joshua said...

wow, a medical story. Very vivid and well written.

Joshua said...

reminds me of times I had to help assist Doc's in the ER doing this :)

Charles Gramlich said...

I'm glad I'd had a few drinks before reading that one.

David Cranmer said...

Josh, I give you and anyone who can do that a lot of credit.

Charles, I can imagine it helped.

Barbara Martin said...

This brought back memories of my stays in hospital, but not quite in this context. While reading I forgot there might be a twist at the end.

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

I enjoyed that one. Good to see Jack Martin coming up next - LOL

Neil said...

Just a note to say I like what you're doing with BEAT TO A PULP. Good stuff so far, and risky, too. Kudos. Best to BTAP and your own work. Enjoyed "Blubber" mucho.

N
***
www.plotswithguns.com

David Cranmer said...

Thanks Neil! Hopefully, we can keep it up over the long haul. Thanks for the compliment on "Blubber." I have an idea for a story for PWG. Now, to get off my arse and write it.