Monday, April 3, 2017

3, 107, 444

The number nineteen continually pops up in The Dark Tower series and it made me think of some favorite numbers of mine which include 3, 107, 444. Three, a prime, because of my family trio. 107, another prime, is a number from an address of my past that continually pops up, and 444 because I end up looking at the clock at exactly that time almost daily. Anybody have a favorite number and why. And, careful, you don't give me the password to your Swiss bank account by accident.

4 comments:

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

David, 204 and its combinations seem to be following us everywhere. Our homes have had the numbers 2, 2C and 204, and our first telephone number in the seventies was 2409.

David Cranmer said...

Fascinating, Prashant. And here's another tidbit via Wikipedia: "In a poker deck with a single wild joker, there are 204 hands that are at least as good as a straight flush."

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

I hope some of the 204 luck rubs my way. I have never played poker, though.

Todd Mason said...

Alfred Bester's "3,271, 009" is a fine story. That might be as close to favorite number as I have.