Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Few Links

*Geoff Eighinger reviews Mike Sheeter's "Preferred Customer" at Eastern Standard Crime.

*Conversations with the Bookless: Anonymous-9 at Bookspot Central.

*Eight Reasons I'm Going To Miss Books at Technologizer. I agree.

*Judith Freeman on Raymond Chandler. LA Times article from 4/5.

*After Cullen's review and this one, Devil's Garden makes my TBR list.

*Alexander McCall Smith on Readers up close and much too personal.

*And Bill and Sandra brought New Pulp Press to my attention. But would they accept a noir western?

4 comments:

Cullen Gallagher said...

Noir western? You have my curiosity piqued. Be sure to keep us updated as to when and where it is published.

Charles Gramlich said...

MOre good links to follow. I'm not sure whether to thank you or curse you. ;)

pattinase (abbott) said...

A lot of westerns seem like noir to me. I think DUST DEVILS by James Reasoner is a perfect example. Or Ed Gorman's westerns.

David Cranmer said...

Cullen, Rough draft just completed. A few more months of polishing.

Charles, Lo siento.

Patti, J.R.'s recent TALES FROM DEADWOOD: THE TROOPERS is a good example of doing it right.