Thursday, October 2, 2008

SSSSSSS

I've had an unusual week of offbeat posts with King Crimson, British comedians and stamps. Today's post has been scheduled in my Blogger list for weeks now and it's time to finally put it up. This should add to the week's peculiarity...

SSSSSSS is a 1973 horror film, starring Dirk Benedict and Strother Martin, about humans being turned into cobras. I love this campy trailer "Don't say it-Hiss it".



"King cobra vs. Mongoose or is it man vs. man." Because I was a fan of Benedict in Battlestar Galactica at the time, I convinced my mom to allow me to watch this cult film one Saturday afternoon. I don't recall thinking it was bad, but I found it to be a decidedly strange movie.

10 comments:

Chris said...

Netflixing...now!

http://tinyurl.com/4q8uky

David Cranmer said...

Oh man, prepare for a possibly campy movie. I haven't really seen it in over twenty years. And remember don't say it-Hiss it.

Randy Johnson said...

I've never even heard of this one.
And I know what you mean about the quality. I remember fondly a number of movies from my youth that, from an adult perspective, don't quite hold up. I guess we all get a little more discerning as we get older(but not all the way).

Joshua said...

classic old school. Up there with The Blood Waters of Dr. Z. or Manos the Hands of Fate

Charles Gramlich said...

Dude this was so so bad. But I do admit it was strangely compelling in places. Definitely worth a watch for the sheer camp.

David Cranmer said...

Yeah, I'm definitely not recommending this one! Haven't seen it since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Gotta love this trailer though...

Anonymous said...

I think I remember seeing this one. Didn't the people wind up in some kind of circus sideshow at the end?

David Cranmer said...

georgie b, I think your right. I believe the very last shot is of Dirk Benedict's girlfriend seeing him and yelling in terror.

Clare2e said...

I remember it, too. And how I and my jr. high pals crushed on Starbuck 1.0

David Cranmer said...

Clare, you crack me up. Starbuck 1.0. Lol...