Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Traveling

I’m in the midst of traveling again, heading back to the cold north I call home. As a result, my blogging and visiting other sites will be modest over the next two weeks. I have some posts scheduled but depending on where I am, I may not be able to answer in a timely fashion.

I bought the new U2 cd for the trip and so far I’m digging it. A mainstay in my collection when I’m on the road is an older song of theirs called The Wanderer with Johnny Cash on lead vocals. Here’s a live version the band did as a tribute to The Man in Black. Enjoy and as my dad was fond of saying: "See ya soon, God willing and the creeks don’t rise."

12 comments:

Paul D Brazill said...

As they used to say on Hill Street Blues: Let's Be Careful Out There!

Junosmom said...

Ah, well, that'll give me time to catch up! I need a blogger vacation so that I can sit and read blogs all day :-) I enjoy your ocmments and love your e-zine.

D.A. Riser said...

Safe travels, David. I'm hoping to pick up the U2 CD later this month.

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

More Saintly wandering I see - for a cut price Simon Templer you certainly get about.

sandra seamans said...

Travel safe, David. I'm up north and it's been raining for two days so the creeks are on the rise.

Charles Gramlich said...

I wish U2 would rock out more often. I loveeeeee "Bullet the blue sky.

Barbara Martin said...

Safe trip, and the music speaks.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Ditto, Paul.

Joshua said...

safe travels from me as well man

Crystal Phares said...

David, I got my review of The Reader done and posted. Travel safe, and if you ever decide to visit Texas, let me know!

Barbara Martin said...

I have an award and meme on my blog for you.

David Cranmer said...

Paul, Thanks and that’s a show I wouldn’t mind watching again. Hard to believe it’s twenty something years old now!

Junosmom, Gracias and I know what you mean. Bloggin’ can be a full time job.

D.A., No Line on the Horizon is an outstanding cd except for the first single. I can’t believe they decided to release that one first.

Archavist, Cut price Simon Templer with budget accommodations.

Sandra, And you were right. Lots of flooding but fortunately my dad built on high ground.

Charles, "Bullet the blue sky” is my wife’s favorite U2 song. I prefer their music from ACHTUNG BABY. This cd reminds me quite a bit of that early 90s period.

Patti/ Josh, Thanks. I made it safely and am enjoying some down time.

Crystal, I was just there close to the border. I will return and thanks for the invitation.

Barbara, I’m on my way to check it out…