Saturday, November 14, 2020

My Aunt Pat

Everyone still washing hands, social distancing, and wearing a mask? Yeah, me too. The reality of COVID-19 has struck close to my family, again, with my Aunt Pat in the hospital with the virus and pneumonia. I have to tell you that my anger swells as I see so many people who continue to disregard preacautions that would help to stop the spread of this infectious disease because of their ignorant belief that wearing a mask is a political statement, or they have the idiotic notion this is no worse than the flu. Infuriating. But back to my Aunt Pat, if you have some extra room in your prayers or good vibes, please send them her way. She's a wonderful, caring person with a special warmth, flair, and grace. She and my mother were born in Guyana and came to the US at different times in their lives to raise their families, and they both showed a great love for this country.

3 comments:

Alan said...

It seems as if this virus has touched us both closer than we would of liked. I'll be thinking of your Aunt Pat and you David.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I am so sorry to hear this, David. How did this happen to our country? That so many don't believe in what they can see right in front of them. So disheartening.

David Cranmer said...

Thank you, Alan. A lot more are going to be hurt before it gets better. I just keep thinking it does not have to go this way.

Patti, I sure hope we can, as a country, bounce back and find our soul. Must admit, I'm losing hope.