Thursday, August 28, 2014

Ava's Summer Leaves

My daughter Ava has discovered the creative art of leaf rubbing. She meticulously selects leaves and flowers from the yard, with guidance from her mom and grandma, and then chooses the right color crayon to make a lasting impression.
Here, she wrote her name in code.

This one she dedicated to her daddy.

The long stemmed leaf on the left stood out to me.

She's really developing a knack for this.

For those of us from the pre-Xerox generation, doesn't this remind you of the old ditto paper?
Made me want to pick it up and smell it, like that scene in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

16 comments:

Leah J. Utas said...

Wonderful. I quite like those.

David Cranmer said...

I will pass that on to her, Leah. Thank you.

Randy Johnson said...

Nice.

G. B. Miller said...

Very nice, another creative genius in the family.

David Cranmer said...

Thanks, Randy!

G.B., I would say the first.

Mates said...

Tell Ava Aunt Meta Loves them, there will be an empty frame at my house waiting. Beautiful.

David Cranmer said...

She has been notified and is working on a special one for her aunt!

Charles Gramlich said...

These are very cool.

David Cranmer said...

Charles, I was looking on line and was somewhat surprised to see how elaborate they get in design.

Oscar Case said...

Very artistic and I like the way she spelled her name there.

David Cranmer said...

She decided to rearrange her name this time. Ha! I love it!

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

David, this is amazing and very creative. I can't figure out how she does it. It doesn't look easy.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Gorgeous. And just when I wondered what she was up to.

David Cranmer said...

Prashant, challenging at first for a three-year-old because you must hold the leaf between two sheets of plain paper as you run a crayon back and forth. We held the paper at first but now she has the knack. I just adore her dedication in picking the right leaf and the right color for the page.

Patti, she's a busy creative little girl that makes me proud.

Sheila Grimes said...

Beautiful

David Cranmer said...

I passed the message on, Sheila.