Monday, August 23, 2010

I'm a Fool to Kill You

From Robert J. Randisi:
After 4 books with St. Martins Press the series has moved to Severn House. I'm very pleased with the move. Since Severn is a Britain-based house, the books will be published in both the U.K. and the U.S. For this reason there are two pub. dates. In the UK it will be a September book. In the US, a Jan. 2011 book. However, it will be available for preorder, and will carry a 2010 copyright date. As you can see, the book features the Rat Pack and Ava Gardner. And, or course, Eddie G. and Jerry.
#

I've enjoyed Mr. Randisi's Rat Pack mystery series and am especially looking forward to I'M A FOOL TO KILL YOU that features Ava. I'm a card carrying fan of the lady and will post some photos of my visit to her museum soon.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw you reading Hemmingway Cutthroat. How would you compare the two?

-Jordan

David Cranmer said...

Oh, I wouldn't compare. Both authors have their distinct styles and I would recommend both series to fans of the genre.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Ava has her own museum?

David Cranmer said...

Smithfield, North Carolina. A very nice museum.

Dave King said...

This looks like one to watch out for.

Kieran Shea said...

what's super about these books is that while the premise and titles may tug at camp, they are surprisingly violent and dark. i highly recommend starting w/ the first. bob rules.

David Cranmer said...

Dave, It certainly is. A real fun series.

Kieran, I'm glad to hear Bob is working on the sixth installment. Now, if I can convince him to do another Bat Masterson novel or short story.

Jordan said...

Nice cover. Neat how Ava in color towers over the Pack in b&w.

David Cranmer said...

That lady always looked good.

Alyssa Goodnight said...

These look fun! Where is the Ava Gardner museum??

David Cranmer said...

Smithfield, North Carolina. I'm going to post some photos of my trip there.