Saturday, April 11, 2009

BTAP #18: Maker’s and Coke by Jake Hinkson

I didn’t drink that day. I stayed in bed and watched television. The financial markets all around the world were melting down like nuclear reactors. Two twelve year olds in California had raped and killed a sixty-five year old woman. The day before, a jihadist in Afghanistan had thrown himself into a schoolroom full of little girls and killed six of them. In between these horrors, a man came on to tell me that I could be free of sexual dysfunction. Good to know.

This is just a shot from Jake Hinkson's "Maker’s and Coke." Click here to read the full story.

Next week: The Frank Bill Double Bill...

...And then, Scott D. Parker’s thrilling western, “You Don't Get Three Mistakes”

9 comments:

Paul D Brazill said...

Looks great already! Jake's a top writer so, I'll be over in a bit.

David Cranmer said...

He sure is and he delivers with "Maker's and Coke."

Charles Gramlich said...

Off to check it out.

Kieran Shea said...

Smooth and deceptively meaty stuff there. Like Maker's itself.

Truth told, I'm really a Knob Creek fan myself.

David Cranmer said...

Hey, Kieran is bloggin. You have been linked to the left amigo.

Cloudia said...

A stiff drink of words!
Aloha-

David Cranmer said...

Good way to put it.

Unknown said...

You can never go wrong with Kentucky Bourbon. Makers is in my top 5. I might have to write a short about Knob Creek.....

David Cranmer said...

For me it's Corona Extra with lime.