Saturday, January 24, 2009

BTAP #7: Brothel Justice by Sandra Seamans

I’ve made no secret about it; I’m a fan of Sandra Seamans’ fluid writing style and distinct voice. And I couldn’t be happier that she’s taken to bloggin’. Several times a week, you can read her informative thoughts on writing and she is always on top of the latest e-zine offerings. Sandra mainly writes crime/hardboiled stories, but we’re very happy that she stepped outside of her crime-ridden world to tackle BTAP’s first and, so far, only sci-fi short “Brothel Justice.” Oh, and thankfully, it seems space is pretty crime ridden too.

Next week: “Pajama Party” by Stephen D. Rogers

11 comments:

Barbara Martin said...

That was a good read with its funny bits. Sandra needs to write more sci-fi.

Anonymous said...

Is that artwork original David? Nice piece for Sandra's story.
Elaine Ash

Joshua said...

you had me at Brothel :)

pattinase (abbott) said...

And so it goes on in excellence, David. What a bright addition to our weekends.

Jacob Weaver said...

I can't wait to check out this week's punch. It's become my post-church, pre-football reading on Sundays. Thanks to you and Elaine for putting this together each week.

David Cranmer said...

Barbara, I agree. Maybe, The Return of Dakota Gideon.

Elaine, It's an original but the artist wishes to remain anonymous for now. If anyone else knows an artist that would like to contribute their pieces to BTAP, it would be appreciated.

Josh, Sandra certainly came up with a catchy title. Btw, The Mad Hatter is one of my favorites.

Patti, Thanks. We have some wonderful stories lined up for February and March: Chris Holm, Todd Robinson and Chap 'O Keefe.

Jacob, Thanks, and I hope everything is working out with your novel.

Barrie said...

Thank you for the link. I'll head over there AFTER I read you MTM post!

Paul D Brazill said...

So: Today I read all the BTAP stories, one after another. A great collection. I felt so good after, I almost did the washing up!

David Cranmer said...

Ha! I'm glad you enjoyed them. We are adding Stephen D. Rogers and Todd Robinson to the mix real soon. What about Mr. Brazill?

Paul D Brazill said...

Thanks for the offer David! I'll send you something in a week or so. Would nice to know what you think. Cheeers. Paul (BTW does Stephen D Rogers ever sleep or eat?)

David Cranmer said...

Paul, Looking forward to your story. Yeah, Rogers is like Kieran Shea. These guys knock out ten stories while I'm cracking my knuckles over the keyboard.