Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Aftermath

Riding the storm out in Lufkin, Texas has turned out to be the right move. A little rain and wind from Gustav seems to be the extent of it. The hotel accommodations and the generosity of the people have been first rate. Of course, I’ll be heading back to areas that were hit directly by the storm, and as a result, posts over the next week may continue to be light. One good thing that has come out of the storm has been plenty of writing time. I knocked out a short story which I’m now fine tuning. I made time for a few distractions, including some trips to various stores where I found the shelves are well-stocked with the Longarm and Trailsman books. I picked up a couple, and I’m in the middle of reading Longarm # 358. I’ve also begun working my way through the very entertaining A Hell of a Woman, and so far, there’s not one bad story in this anthology.

Out of the Gutter has posted a list of contributors for issue #5 and my name appears on the list. It's an honor to be included with this fine group of writers. Little d's crossword puzzle will appear in the same issue.

10 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

Glad you are safe and making productive time of your exile.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're all safe and sound. And congrats on the acceptance in OOTG. It's a great place to hang your writing hat.

Barrie said...

Glad to hear all turned out well for you. And to think you even churned out a short story. Yay!

David Cranmer said...

Travis, Yeah, it worked out well. I found that the Weather Channel is wonderful background noise while writing.

Sandra, Thanks! I've read your stories in the last couple of issues and thought they were wonderful. I'm looking forward to being apart of it!

David Cranmer said...

Barrie, Thanks! I was determined to have something positive come out of this experience!

pattinase (abbott) said...

Congrats, David. Can't wait to read it.

Barbara Martin said...

Good that you were able to do some writing while the weather was bad. Congrats on the acceptance in OOTG.

Clare2e said...

Nice to see your dulcet fonts, but did you have to be so darned productive in the face of potential disaster? We're dry as a bone, and I haven't done more than the first paragraph of the short story I've begun, however, like you, I now have read a Robert Crais in the last week. It's a treat to read a story so tight and surefooted after some of the floppy junk I've been subjecting myself to lately. Congrats on being Out of the Gutter and keep taking good care!

David Cranmer said...

Patti and Barbara, Hope you will enjoy my degenerate piece in the issue.

Clare, I found the best motivation for writing over the weekend was a heck of a storm and the Weather Channel. It really did wonders for keeping me focused!

Terrie Farley Moran said...

David,

Mega congrats on the OOTG acceptance and I am very happy that you are safe.

Terrie