Monday, December 13, 2010

Guess Who and Win a Free Book

We have the year-end story coming up this weekend at BEAT to a PULP, and it's brilliant and disturbing all at once. A powerful piece of storytelling. A sample from "The Quick ... and The Dead" --

The virus, the radiation, whatever it is that animates them continues to enliven the body parts.

The solitary foot hops across the road, the hand pulls itself along by the fingers, even the eyeballs roll along, gathering dirt on their slimy surfaces.

But these are not the things that interest her.
Later in the week, Women of Mystery is giving away several copies of BEAT to a PULP: Round One and I thought it would be fun to join in on the giving spirit. So, this is my idea for a giveaway here -- if you think you know who penned the lines above, leave a comment on this post with the author's name. The first three people to guess correctly will win a free copy of Round One. Only one guess per person. If no one guesses correctly, then I'll post a clue each day until we have three winners. You can enter a new guess with each new post. Oh, and I know I have mentioned who it is to a couple of you, so, yep, you can't play. Sorry. And that goes for the writer and her/his family and family pets too.

So, who is it?

10 comments:

Diane Beasmer said...

Dennis Lehane?

David Barber said...

Sounds like Glen Gray to me.

Regards, David

sandra seamans said...

You've got a story from Bill Crider, don't you?

Dan Fleming said...

Just wish fulfillment on my part, but Nick Cave?

Jodi MacArthur said...

Haha! Love it. I know a gal that writes this kind of loveable crazy... Anon-9?

Second guess would be same as Dan's. ;-)

pattinase (abbott) said...

Anonymous 9?

Clare2e said...

I'm bad at this kind of game, but I'm stealing your gift-wrapped book for our post, too! *snatch*

David Cranmer said...

No problem, Clare. Steal away. My wife photoshopped that. She's good.

JZID said...

Since I see two posts already, I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and also guess Anonymous 9.

David Cranmer said...

We have three winners and details will be posted on this blog over the weekend along with "The Quick ... and The Dead" at BEAT to a PULP.