Saturday, October 15, 2011

BEAT to a PULP: HARDBOILED

I know, I know. Hardboiled covers usually brandish trench-coated pulp knights with guns aimed at the reader. But of the multitude of images we considered for the BEAT to a PULP: Hardboiled cover, this is what I kept coming back to. Plus it was fairly cheap to shave my legs and put a bag over my head.

And what is in our Hardboiled? This collection is a baker’s dozen of tales, featuring a mixture of the classic approach along with contemporary stories of down on their luck detectives, jilted husbands and wives, and honorable folks trying to get ahead in an economy pounding them down. Our list of dazzling contributors includes Garnett Elliott, Glenn Gray, John Hornor Jacobs, Patti Abbott, Thomas Pluck, Brad Green, Ron Earl Phillips, Kent Gowran, Amy Grech, Benoît Lelièvre, Kieran Shea, and the renowned Wayne D. Dundee with an enlightening introduction by Ron Scheer. I even slipped an old story of mine in there when BTAP super-detailed co-editor, Scott D. Parker, wasn’t looking.

The BEAT to a PULP: HARDBOILED eBook will be released Nov. 2011.

30 comments:

Keith Rawson said...

David, that's a beauty of a cover, sir, and the line up is amazing! Can't wait for this one

pattinase (abbott) said...

It just keeps getting better and better.

Kieran Shea said...

That cover is STUNNING.

Ron Scheer said...

Holy smoke. Don't let my 90-year-old aunt see this...

Chris Rhatigan said...

Sheesh. That is Hardboiled!

Glenn Gray said...

WOW. That's really cool. Great cover, David.

Alan Griffiths said...

Stunning is the very word to describe this project. Many congrats to all.

Randy Johnson said...

Like that cover! Shaved your legs, eh. Hah!

wayne d. dundee said...

I don't know about "renowned" ... but so happens I DO know a little about things hardboiled. That is one nifty cover (who the gams belong to notwithstadning)and a line-up I'm proud to be part of.

Kent said...

You sure make a fine cover model, David.

Holly West said...

Gorgeous cover, and the line up is even better.

David Cranmer said...

I'm glad to see everybody is liking the cover. Thank you for stopping by and we should have the collection published in the next two weeks. I'll keep you updated.

Larry D. Sweazy said...

Nice cover...

Sabrina E. Ogden said...

Love the cover, and the names you've got lksted totally kick ass. Looking forward to this, David.

Thomas Pluck said...

Great cover, and what do you use to keep your legs so smooth. Mine get razor bumps.

Garnett Elliott said...

Lookin' good, D.

Ben said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaah I'm pumped for this. Amazing cover, David.

Court said...

Tis a beautiful thing.

David Barber said...

I'm strangely attracted to you now, David. Great pair of pins and loving that dress. I'd keep the bag on though! :-)

Looks fantastic!

David Cranmer said...

Tom, Just your usual Lady Schick razor and cream.

Thank you all!

And, David... yeah. :) Thanks.

eva dolan said...

really strong line-up - can't wait to read it & see who's made to drag up for the next issue

Amy Grech said...

Thrilled to be part of this awesome line-up!

Charles Gramlich said...

I understand you shaving your legs and putting the bag over your head, but how do you explain the breasteses?
:)

Looks like a helluva author line up though!

David Cranmer said...

Eva, The next book is called ROUND TWO and is set. Now, I'm working on another after that. Busy, busy.

Glad to have you, Amy.

Charles, Those would be estrogen shots... ain't no going back. Everything for my art.

Matthew P. Mayo said...

Nice cover and jim-dandy line-up.

Plus, them pins of yourn is hot....

Brad Green said...

Fantastic cover! So stoked to be included along with those fine writers.

Alyssa Goodnight said...

I love the cover! Very eye-catching. Way to sneak that story in! ;)

David Cranmer said...

Matthew, Why thank you, kind sir.

Brad, The collection wouldn't be as strong without your contribution.

Alyssa, Thank you. I'll make sure you get a copy.

pattinase (abbott) said...

David-Did you disable the comment on Beat to a Pulp. I can't seem to get to them anymore.

David Cranmer said...

I did, Patti. I should have made an announcement. Sorry 'bout that but BTAP will not have comments for awhile.